Saltmarsh performs, along with fellow alumnus Daniel T. Truman, in the jazz duo, This Way That and the award-winning The Nashville Tribute Band. As a composer, he has created promotional material for SEGA Games, Good Morning America, and television stations including CMT, and ESPN. As a professor he was able to present a Tuesday Devotional to students during the 2012-13 school year. His remarks focused on letting the Lord steer our course through life.
In 2013, Saltmarsh had the opportunity to visit Beijing with students from the College of Fine Arts and Communications. While in Beijing, students studied traditional Chinese theatre, and incorporated those techniques into their performance of an adaptation of Hans Christian Anderson's The Nightingale. For this project, which was funded partly by the Laycock Center for Creative Collaboration in the Arts, Saltmarsh served as the Co-Composer.
- The Universe - In the music business, but not of the music business (8 Jan 2013)
- The Daily Universe - BYU’s new Grammy-nominated professor puts faith over music (19 Oct 2011)
- The Deseret News - LDS band's album gives different take on missionary work (4 Aug 2011)
- The Daily Universe – Top LDS musicians awarded with Pearls (14 November 2008)
- Rogers, Brittany Karford. “Encyclopedia of Musical Alumni.” BYU Magazine. 2007. Brigham Young University. 28 Dec. 2007. <http://magazine.byu.edu/?act=view&a=2085>.