Kurt Bestor is an Emmy-award-winning composer and Grammy nominee who has composed an incredible variety of music in a myriad of styles and genres for over 20 years. From over 40 feature-length films, 16 popular CDs, numerous television themes, and mix of live shows, he has established himself as one of America's most prolific and versatile composers. Bestor has composed for many popular artists including David Archuleta and Sandra Turley. He also won an Emmy for co-producing music for ABC's coverage of the 1988 Winter Olympic Games.
As a gifted performer, Bestor has performed his popular holiday shows for many years to sold-out audiences throughout the western United States. People from Seattle to Dallas have enjoyed his easy-going manner and rapport with the audience. Bestor has also performed internationally, conducting and performing with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir and the Estonian National Orchestra, among others. His recent efforts include a concert combined with David Lanz in the Covey Center for the Arts, working with violinist Jenny Oaks Baker and creating a new CD. With Jenny Oaks Baker he was nominated for Best Pop Instrumental album at the Grammy Awards last month for "Wish Upon a Star: A Tribute to the Music of Walt Disney." At the Snow College Benny Golson Jazz Festival in 2012 Kurt was featured alongside musicians and faculty from Julliard. In 2012 Bestor celebrated the 25th anniversary of his Christmas show.
- The Salt Lake Tribune - Utah music lovers are still buying holiday CDs (8 December 2013)
- The Salt Lake Tribune - How composer Kurt Bestor found his own Christmas groove (9 Dec 2012)
- The Universe - Elizabeth Smart honored for 'Legacy of Hope' (5 Nov 2012)
- BYU Magazine - A Heart Full of Song (Summer 2012)
- The Daily Herald - Snow College campus features jazz concerts (12 July 2012)
- The Daily Herald - Piano men: Covey shows musicians Lanz, Bestor together (1 March 2012)
- The Deseret News - Bestor show resonates with Christmas spirit (17 Dec 2010)
- The Deseret News - Kurt Bestor bringing youthful vibe to Christmas concerts (11 Dec 2010)
- The Salt Lake Tribune - Ukrainian teen finds home for the holidays (9 Dec 2010)
- The Deseret News - Dinner, show to benefit Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter (28 August 2010)
- The Daily Universe - Concert to feature music from movies (29 April 2010)
- The Daily Herald - Perfect date: Bestor Christmas (10 December 2009)
- Mormon Times - David Archuleta still calls Utah home (20 November 2009)
- BYU Magazine - Encyclopedia of Musical Alumni (28 December 2007)