Jennifer Reed graduated from Brigham Young University in 1991 with a bachelor's degree in theatre arts studies. She is currently the Theatre and Media Arts production manager for Arts Production in the College of Fine Arts and Communications.
In 2009, Reed co-founded "The Mortal Fools Theatre Project." In the summer of 2010 she directed the eight-time Tony Award-nominated production of Funny Girl at the SCERA Outdoor Theatre in Orem, Utah.
In 2012, Reed was the production manager for BYU's production of A Second Birth, written by Ariel Mitchell. Reed also served as production manager for the 2013 BYU productions of The Light in the Piazza and The Nightingale, as well as the stage manager for Swan Lake. In 2014, she arranged workshops on puppetry for the cast of BYU's production of The Selfish Giant. The following year, she was the production manager for the university's productions of The Count of Monte Cristo and Princess Academy. She was also the production manager and scenic designer for the production of Water Sings Blue.
- BYU Arts - Light in the Piazza (7 Nov 2013)
- Y News - 'A Second Birth' opens BYU 2012-2013 theatre season (17 Sept 2012)
- The Daily Herald - SCERA Shell summer season begins with 'Funny Girl' (10 June 2010)
- The Daily Universe - ‘Funny Girl’ shows story of success (10 June 2010)
- The Daily Universe - Seasoned actors hit the stage in familial play (11 March 2010)