Christopher Clark received a Bachelor of English from Brigham Young University in 2000. He then attended the University of Exeter, UK, graduating with an MFA in directing. Clark then returned to BYU and graduated with a PhD in Education in 2012.
While at BYU, Clark led the Young Company, a BYU performing group geared toward children. Clark has also directed BYU's Young Company Shakespeare Troupe. Clark is is a full-time Acting professor and chair of the Department of Theatrical Arts at Utah Valley University.
Clark has played the lead role in Stalking Santa (2006), and was also featured in Brigham City (2001) and Saints and Soldiers (2003). He has performed at the Old Globe in London and trained with the Royal Shakespeare Company, The Steppenwolf Theatre, and Second City Chicago. Locally, he has directed at the Orem Hale Center Theater, the SCERA, Provo Theatre Company, BYU, and at UVU.
Clark was featured in the Summer 2007 edition of BYU Magazine. The article expressed Clark's inspiration and goals to educate little children on Shakespeare through performance.
In 2012, Clark directed the stage adaptation of Hitchcock's The 39 Steps.
In 2013, Clark directed the musical, Ragtime, at the West Valley City Hale Centre Theatre. The musical featured Oyoyo Bonner, a former BYU student and current Broadway performer. Also in 2013, Clark received the Outstanding Production of a Play Award for his play, Vincent of Brixton, by the Kennedy Center American College Theater (KCACTF). Also in 2013, Clark started acting for Pretty Darn Funny, a two season web-series comedy show. The web-series won five Telly Awards at the 2013 LDS Film Festival. At the 2014 Filmed in Utah awards show, Pretty Darn Funny won awards for Best Ensemble, Best UTuber Channel, and Best Director (Jeffrey Parkin).
- Workman Productions - 2014 Fillmed in Utah Winners (Apr 2014)
- Daily Herald - Who Needs Hollywood? Local Films Honored at Filmed in Utah Awards (31 Mar 2014)
- UVU Press Release - UVU Theater Students, Faculty Make History at National Kennedy Center Festival (10 Mar 2014)
- CFAC News - BYU Alum Wins National Theater Honors (20 Mar 2014)
- The Deseret News - 'Ragtime' Role a Comfortable fit for Utah Actress (16 June 2013)
- The Deseret News - 'Ragtime' Joins History with Musical Beauty (1 June 2013)
- The Daily Herald - Ragtime tells the story of us at Hale Centre Theatre (30 May 2013)
- The Daily Herald - UVU Sudents, Faculty Gain Experience, Honors in D.C. (25 May 2013)
- The Deseret News - Theater review: Comedic steps and missteps in '39' (10 Jan 2013)
- The Deseret News - Theater preview: '39 Steps' stage adaptation lampoons Hitchcock's classic (3 Jan 2013)
- The Daily Universe - UVU's showing of 'Charlotte's Web' opens new theater, fresh season (21 Sept 2009)
- BYU Magazine - The Bard in the School Cafeteria (Summer 2007)