Theatre Ballet is a successful ballet performance company and program housed in the department of Dance. In March 2011, Theatre Ballet celebrated its 40th anniversary.
Theatre Ballet interprets classical and contemporary pieces with intensity and sensitivity. The company's repertoire represents a variety of styles, including productions of ballet classics like Romeo and Juliet, Coppelia, and Petrushika as well as contemporary pieces choreographed for the ensemble. Traditional pas de deux are also presented from Flouer Festival, le Corsaire, Don Quixote, Giselle, Paquita, and Swan Lake, among others.
Headed by artistic directors who have gained a wealth of experience with some of the world's finest professional ballets, Theatre Ballet has performed in South Africa and regularly tours throughout the western United States giving concerts, presenting lecture demonstrations, and teaching workshops
- Y News - BYU Theatre Ballet, Philharmonic to perform 'Sleeping Beauty' (31 Jan 2013)
- The Universe - What goes on behind the curtains (13 Nov 2012)
- LDS Church News - BYU Winterfest at the LDS conference center (4 Jan 2012)
- BYU News - BYU Theatre Ballet Celebrates 40th Anniversary (March 2011)
- The Daily Herald - Best feet forward: BYU dance group presents annual performance (18 Feb. 2010)